Our mission is to educate healthcare professionals, patients and communities about dysautonomia.
Established in 2014, The Dysautonomia Project is based in Clearwater, Florida. We were developed by physicians and patients, for physicians and patients.
What is Dysautonomia?
Dysautonomia (Dis-auto-NO-mia) is a general term used to describe any disorder of the autonomic (automatic) nervous system.
Our vision is to reduce the time to diagnosis by providing education about dysautonomia for community-based physicians, patients and others through our book, CME's, and other educational offerings.
Selflessness through giving of time, talent, and treasures.
Share accurate, relevant and up to date information about Dysautonomia.
Simplify the Dysautonomia message, make it easy to access, and easier to understand.
Education is the number one treatment and the heart of our mission. Through our award-winning book: The Dysautonomia Project, thousands of patients and their families have been validated and educated. Doctors are receiving vital information not covered in medical schools, enabling them to diagnose and treat patients.
We have had amazing opportunities in the last few years including:
Continuing Our Mission
- We developed a partnership with Largo Medical Center to train hundreds of doctors in our community.
- We have trained 360 Hillsborough County School nurses
- Pinellas County, you are next!
Distributing Our Books
- We have distributed more than 1,000 books to physicians alone.
- Our book is sold almost every day on Amazon and our website to physicians, patients and communities all over the world!
- Thus far, we have sold over 3,000 books world-wide.
Expanding Our Community
- We have been featured twice on WFTS-ABC's Positively Tampa Bay.
- We were named a finalist in WEDU's Be More Awards, recognizing outstanding non-profits.
- We have united more than 400 participants at our Pi Day 5K in memory of Christina Tournant.